Enscript for Windows 95/NT
$Id: index.html,v 1.5 1997/06/02 07:17:26 mtr Exp $
From this link you can download a pre-compiled binary of GNU Enscript
for Windows 95/NT environments:
- en150_i.zip (355,340 bytes), (Intel) package
contains these files.
- en150_a.zip (479,606 bytes), (DEC Alpha)
package contains these files.
These zip archives require an unzip utility which will expand long filenames.
WinZip will do this. I also have some
command line zip/unzip utilities which accomplish this as well:
Intel: unzip_i.zip and zip_i.zip
DEC Alpha: unzip_a.zip and zip_a.zip
- Unpack the distribution zip to some sane place, the default location
is `c:\enscript' but others will do as well.
- Copy `enscript.exe' to a directory which is in your path, or add your
enscript directory to path.
- If you didn't install enscript to `c:\enscript' directory, define environment
variable `ENSCRIPT_LIBRARY' to point to your location:
- Edit enscript.cfg to meet your environment's requirements; you might
want to edit at least the following settings:
- AFMPath (default is `c:/enscript/afm')
- Media (default is Letter)
- Printer (default is lpt1:)
- StatesConfigFile (default is `c:/enscript/enscript.st')
I have tested this distribution on both Windows-NT Intel (4.0) and DEC
Alpha (3.51 and 4.0). I have not yet tested it under Windows 95, but expect
that the NT Intel version should work. I will be testing Windows 95 in
the near future.
Dave Hylands <DHylands@creo.com>